Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Former Leeds player confirmed as Wales boss


 Former Leeds United, Everton and Bolton Wanderers midfielder Gary Speed was named manager of Wales on Tuesday.
The 41-year-old has limited managerial experience having taken the reins of Championship side Sheffield United only in August.
Speed replaces John Toshack who resigned in September following a Euro 2012 qualifier defeat to Montenegro.
“It is impossible to turn it down when your country comes calling,” he told a news conference. “I am a very proud man to be manager of Wales.
“I am disappointed to leave Sheffield United because I felt I had a job to do there and I was fully committed, but I have made the decision and I feel in my heart it is the right one.”
Speed, who won 85 caps for Wales during a 14-year international playing career, will need to revitalise the team after their poor start to the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.
Wales are bottom of Group G with three defeats from their opening three matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment