Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday 20 December 2010

Rafa denies sack talk


Inter Milan boss Rafa Benitez has denied speculation he has been sacked by the European champions.
Speculation on the Spaniard's future intensified when he issued what amounted to a 'back me or sack me' ultimatum after winning the Club World Cup on Saturday.
President Massimo Moratti subsequently branded Benitez's comments 'inappropriate' and refused to comment on the standing of his manager.
Italian media then reported on Monday thatLuciano Spalletti had been contacted about replacing the former Liverpool boss but Benitez says reports about his exit are premature.
The Inter boss, who is currently on holiday in Liverpool, told Spanish radio station Onda Cero: "They haven't sacked me. Many people have called me after seeing the newspapers and they have asked if I have been sacked.
"It's not true. I am surprised it has been given as fact.
"I am on holiday to rest. It has been months now that I have heard and read things that aren't true.
"I don't exactly know what the situation is.
"The president has to take a decision on the line he wants to follow. I am not the boss of my future.
"But as long as I am here, I will work to the maximum because we can keep winning.The Spaniard defended his position and even re-emphasised his desire for financial backing.
"The president (Moratti), with whom I had spoken prior to that press conference, had already left Abu Dhabi, and the only possibility was to publicly say something which was evident," said Benitez.
"I don't want to put the president under pressure, but I had spoken to him in the past about my project.
"My project was to include a series of useful players immediately as well as young players for the future.
"Moratti, with whom I have a correct and respectful relationship, liked it.
"The president has to take a decision regarding the line we want to follow.
"While I am here (at Inter) I will work in the best possible way in order for the team to continue to win.
"But in order to win and to do well it is necessary to bring in reinforcements.
"Injuries have hindered us and I don't want this to happen again.
"The transfer market begins soon and hence, this is the time to speak openly about acquisitions."

No comments:

Post a Comment