Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday 1 February 2011

El Hadji Diouf makes loan move to Rangers

Rangers have completed a loan deal to sign former African footballer of the year El Hadji Diouf, 30, from Blackburn until the end of the season.
Diouf's ability to play right-midfield or as a striker fills gaps identified recently by Ibrox manager Walter Smith.
He told the Rangers website: "I am very happy to join one of the biggest clubs in the world.
"This club has a great history. It will be great to wear the shirt and I will do my best."
Diouf joined Liverpool in 2002 from Lens then moved to Bolton, Sunderland in 2008 and Ewood Park a year later.
While at Liverpool, he was fined £5,000 for spitting on a Celtic fan during a Uefa Cup match in March 2003.
Having travelled to Glasgow on Monday and completed the deal at Rangers' Murray Park training complex, Diouf explained his reasons for moving to the club.
"Rangers are known throughout the world and I want to be a legend here," he said.
"We have a huge game on Wednesday against Hearts because we must win every game in the league and then of course it's Celtic on Sunday.
"I know all about the big rivalry between the two clubs. I have seen many Rangers-Celtic games because a few of my friends have played for Rangers like Amdy Faye, Jean-Alain Boumsong and Fabrice Fernandes.

No comments:

Post a Comment