Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday 10 January 2011

Maradona has English Premiership club offer

Former Argentina head coach Diego Maradona has revealed that he may take up a job offer from a Premier League outfit.

The 50-year-old has not managed since the World Cup six months ago, where he lead Argentina to the quarter-final stage.

Maradona claims contact has been made about taking charge of an unnamed English top flight side, with the former Napoli star set to arrive in the United Kingdom next month for talks.

"In February I will be travelling to England to listening to a formal proposal from a team from there who wants to talk to me," Maradona, who has made no secret of his desire to coach in England, said.

"If they convince me I might accept the position.

"I'm not desperate (but) I know that some day I'll be the coach again of some team."

With regards to the unnamed club, speculation suggests that it is London outfit Fulham, who are currently struggling under the leadership of Mark Hughes.

1 comment:

  1. Blackburn spoke to Maradona in December, so it's most likely them. http://bit.ly/gozwdH

    ReplyDelete