Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Mario Balotelli: Wayne Rooney is not the best player in Manchester & City have the best strikeforce in the world

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli has furthered his outspoken reputation by claiming Wayne Rooney is not the best player in Manchester.

Balotelli, who is likely to come head to head with Rooney in next month's Manchester Derby, admitted he admires United's talisman but couldn't stop himself taking a sly dig at the England international.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "He [Rooney] is a very good player but not the best in Manchester."

The 20 year-old, seemingly not content with riling up Rooney, then took an opportunity speak about Manchester United's fans, claiming they want the young striker to sign for Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

He said: "Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'.

"But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care, they are wonderful with me. When they sang my name after the hat-trick, I had chills."

The Italian also claimed Manchester City hold the world's most potent attack following the signing of Edin Dzeko.

He said: "Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world - better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid. We are the strongest and we can win things now - we just lack conviction."

Balotelli also talked up a number of his other Manchester City team-mates before making a withering attack on the British press for their part in a scandal regarding his ex-girlfriend and Big Brother winner, Sophie Reade.

He said: “Adam Johnson has great technique and Emmanuel Adebayor is the funniest. Patrick Vieira and Aleksandr Kolarov really helped me out when I first arrived.

“However, England is far ahead of the rest in terms of stadia and far behind in terms of its media. The newspapers are just trash.

“All I can say about Sophie is that I saw her once and she started bombarding me with messages, while one of her friends was far more interesting to me.”

The former Inter Milan forward also turned his attentions to his former coach at the San Siro, Jose Mourinho, delivering a customary attack on the Real Madrid boss, with whom he endured a volatile relationship.

"Mourinho is the best coach in the world, but as a man he still needs to learn manners and respect," said Balotelli.

The outspoken youngster did however offer praise for his former Inter teammate Wesley Sneijder, stating that the Dutch midfielder deserved to be awarded the Ballon d’Or and not Lionel Messi.

He said: “I don’t believe Leo Messi deserved the Ballon d’Or, as it should’ve gone to Wesley Sneijder.”

No comments:

Post a Comment