Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Saturday 22 January 2011

Pascal Chimbonda signs for QPR

Neil Warnock has strengthened his defensive options with the signing of French international Pascal Chimbonda.The 31 year-old defender - who was named in the France World Cup squad in 2006 - has signed a short-term contract until the end of the season and will link up with his new team-mates on Saturday morning.Chimbonda - whose contract at Blackburn was terminated earlier this week - has a wealth of Premier League experience, with spells at Wigan Athletic, Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland and recently Rovers to his name.QPR beat off stiff competition from a number of Clubs to sign the former Le Havre and Bastia player, to the delight of Warnock: "It was important we added to our full back options when Kyle Walker returned to Spurs," he told www.qpr.co.uk.

"I had to bring someone in to give Bradley Orr and Clint Hill competition.

"To get someone of Pascal's experience and quality at this stage of the season is a massive boost."

Chimbonda - who will wear the number 39 shirt - told www.qpr.co.uk: "This is a good opportunity for me to be re-born as a footballer. Neil Warnock has given me a chance here and hopefully I can help QPR win promotion to the Premier League.

"I want to play good football here and enjoy myself on the pitch.

"The style of football that QPR play suits me, and this will provide a good challenge for me.

"I had a good talk with the Manager, and he told me he wants me to come here and give my best. He is a Manager who likes to win, and I am the same.

"I always give my best and that is what I will do here at QPR. I will do my best to win and I hope the fans will like me."

No comments:

Post a Comment