Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Thursday 20 January 2011

WHEATER COMPLETES BOLTON MOVE

Defender David Wheater has paid tribute the Middlesbrough supporters after leaving the club to join Bolton in an initial £2.3 million deal.

The transfer fee could rise to £3.5 million based on appearances, and the former England Under 21 international said,: “The Boro fans have been brilliant with me.

“I think they understand why I had to leave to further my career and they also know the club will benefit financially, the money will help the manager strengthen the team.

“I could have stayed until the end of the season but then Boro would have received nothing for me. Boro have got some money now and I hope that helps the club move forward.

“It was always hard to leave. I’ve been at Boro since I was ten-years old and all my family and friends are up here. It has been one of the toughest decisions of my life.

“I always said I would stay at Boro but football is my job and you have to do what is best for your career.

“I will be back regularly though. I’ve still got my box at the Riverside and I’ll be back for the Preston game supporting the lads.

“Boro will always have a place in my heart and I’ll be keeping my house in Redcar but I am really happy how it’s turned out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment