Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Michael Kightly is a target for Hull

Hull City have today emerged as one of several Championship clubs offering Michael Kightly the chance to get his Wolves career back on track.The Tigers are understood to have contacted Wolves with a view to taking Kightly on loan to help get him match-fit for the Premier League.
A move to Humberside would also temporarily reunite the former England under-21 international with recent arrival Aaron McLean, one of Kightly’s best friends from their time together at Grays before their respective moves to Peterborough and Wolves in January 2007.
The 25-year-old winger is currently doing what amounts to a full pre-season workout and it’s understood he could be a month away from being ready for competitive football.
Kightly hasn’t played since November 2009 after sustaining initially a foot injury which he quickly recovered from, only to be plagued by inflammation in his patella tendons.
It eventually took operations in Sweden on both knees to solve the problem, but Kightly can now train pain-free for the first time since he was first injured.He said: “I definitely think I’ll play first team football this season, whether it’s here or somewhere else, and that’s a nice goal to have.“I’m just really looking forward to playing football again whether it’s here or somewhere out on loan to boost my match fitness.“When I’ve come back previously I’ve always had that little bit of pain when I’ve felt the injuries but I’m not getting that now.“I just need to be aware that there could still be setbacks from other parts of my body where I’ve been out for so long.“But we’ll carry on taking things steadily and it’s nice to think that I’m continuing to make good progress.”Kightly would find no shortage of exiled West Midlands players at a team managed by former Albion assistant Nigel Pearson.The Tigers can call on ex-Baggies man Robert Koren, Villa loan goalkeeper Brad Guzan, ex-claret and blues wideman Nolberto Solano and one-time Walsall players Matt Fryatt and Anthony Gerrard.

No comments:

Post a Comment