Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Torres Looks Forward to Liverpool Clash

Fernando Torres insists he will have no problem shooting down Liverpool on Sunday.
Torres, 26, is in line to make his Chelsea debut against his former club following his £50million switch from Anfield.And the Spanish striker has told Carlo Ancelotti not to worry about throwing him straight into action at Stamford Bridge.
He said: "It is like destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool."They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool."I have been very happy there but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea."If I have the chance to play, I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score."
Torres admits he first started thinking about leaving Liverpool last summer.
He gave Roy Hodgson his full backing and appeared to be returning to peak form following the arrival of Kenny Dalglish.But the World Cup winner has revealed there was no way he could reject a move to London.
He added: "I felt from last summer that I needed to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer."I am joining a team that is at the top level. There is not another level after Chelsea."I am joining with big names like John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka and I can be part of this great team."Also, I wanted to join because Chelsea always have shown a big respect for me."They really want me and it is important when you have the support of the people in the club. The fans always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield.

"Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player."Torres knows he is now despised on Merseyside but he insists the support of the Chelsea faithful is all that matters to him.He said: "When I played against Chelsea, there was always a big motivation because it was a special game — it was always one of the biggest games of the season."I want to say thanks to the Chelsea fans because I have seen them very, very happy with me for joining."If they are happy as well because I am not going to score any more against them then it is good.
"Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this, you cannot say no."Torres is also looking forward to linking up again with former Anfield team-mate Yossi Benayoun, who is close to returning from an Achilles injury.He said: "Benayoun is my friend and on the pitch we have a very good relationship."Hopefully he can play as soon as possible and he will be fully recovered.

"It is exciting the possibility to play with him again, but as well with my other new team-mates."

No comments:

Post a Comment