Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Faubert launches blistering attack on Hammers

JULIEN Faubert has launched a scathing attack on his West Ham employers and has insisted he will leave the club this summer.The French defender says he was accused of a lack of respect by the club after walking out during the Hammers' 1-0 defeat at home to Birmingham last month to attend to his baby son.And he has vowed to quit Upton Park at the end of the season, despite having another year to run on his current deal.

He told the Daily Mail: “My story with West Ham is at an end. I still have two months to play for them in theory this season, but I know that they will not call on me. I worked flat out for them even when my mother died, and I have never created any problems.“At the time of the Birmingham game my newly-born son was ill and in hospital. I spent the Friday and Saturday with him, and could not go to training.“My bosses knew the situation. On the eve of the match they told me I was in the reserve squad, but when I showed up on Sunday the assistant manager told me the first team needed me as a player was injured. So I jumped in my car, rushed home and then on to Upton Park, but when I got there – surprise, surprise – nobody was injured and I was not in the squad.

“I left the ground and went to see my son as he'd had a relapse. On my way I got a phone call saying that a lad (James Tomkins) had got injured five minutes before kick-off and that I had to come back and replace him – but that was impossible.

“Afterwards the bosses said that I had not wanted to return, and that I had lacked respect towards them. They wanted to tarnish my name and my image. This chapter is now closed – but so is mine at the club.”

No comments:

Post a Comment