Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Thursday 16 June 2011

Arsenal line up Sensational Jermain Defoe Bid

Arsenal will make a bid for Tottenham poacher Jermain Defoe, according to reports this morning.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger sees the 27-year-old England international as the perfect solution to a troubled striker department and will look to bring the frozen out White Hart Lane star to the rival London club.Last month, Defoe had told Sky Sports News of the possibility of leaving Spurs: "If you speak to any of the players and the fans, they will tell you that I am committed to the club."I love the club and I still get the same buzz that I did when I first walked out at White Hart Lane, which is important."But for me the main thing is playing football and if I am not playing football then I am not happy, because I love my football."Tottenham paid £15.75m to Portsmouth for Defoe two years ago and will look to recoup that fee for a deal to be struck.

Arsenal have been strongly linked with Lille striker Gervinho in recent days and with the club’s chief executive Ivan Gazidis declaring that the club will be busy in the market this summer, the capture of both players is not unthinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment