Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Thursday 2 June 2011

Hughes quits as Fulham boss

Mark Hughes has resigned as Fulham manager after just one season in charge of the Premier League club.
“Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the club at the end of June,” the club said in a statement on their website. “After discussions with Mark the club has agreed to accept this notice.”The Welshman, who led Fulham to eighth place in the Premier League and into the Europa League via the Fair Play League, has been strongly linked in British media with Aston Villa who are without a manager following Gerard Houllier's departure.Hughes, however, denied he has been approached by any other club.“I hope the supporters and all those connected with the club will understand I wish to move on to further my experiences,” he said in a statement.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club.

“This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party.”

No comments:

Post a Comment