Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Friday 17 June 2011

Cristián Zapata ‘ close’ to Liverpool switch

Liverpool are on the verge of securing the services of Udinese defender Cristián Zapata, according to reports.The 24-year-old centre-half is currently preparing for the Copa America and the Colombia international insists that he will not make a decision over his future until after the tournament.Zapata has previously attracted interest from Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and German side Bayern Munich – but the defender looks to have chosen Anfield as his preferred destination. “I still know that nothing is certain, but it is true that at this time I am very close to Liverpool,” Zapata told El Pais. “I will wait until the end of the Copa America, like many of my team-mates, to decide my future.“I have gained experience, but the time has come for me to make the jump to a big team.”Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is keen to bolster his side’s defensive line-up after missing out on Phil Jones, who opted to join United from Blackburn Rovers.Udinese signed Zapata, who is contracted until June 2013, from Colombian outfit Deportivo Cali in 2005, and the defender has since made 152 appearances for the Serie A side.

No comments:

Post a Comment