Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Thursday 28 July 2011

Samba wants to join Arsenal

Chris Samba has stunned Blackburn Rovers by pleading to join Arsenal, according to a report in 'The Sun'. The Rovers skipper has said: "I want to play Champions League football. Which player doesn't dream of that?" The giant French defender, 27, signed a new five-year deal at Ewood Park only a few months ago. But he insisted: "A player who has no ambition to play at a higher level has made a mistake and chosen the wrong sport. "I don't know what is happening with Arsenal because I am not dealing with it and it's not my problem. "At the minute I am still at Blackburn but it would be a big lie if I told you 'everything is good and I don't want to play in the Champions League'. "I don't know what the board and the manager at Blackburn are planning or what provisions they have made for signing new players. "It is difficult for me at the moment because I'm just waiting to see what happens and concentrating on my preparation for the new season." Rovers are currently player in the Barclays Asia Trophy tournament in Hong Kong also featuring Chelsea and Aston Villa. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been weighing up a £12 million bid for Samba for months but has so far failed to make a firm offer. Wenger could be lining up a defensive double whammy by also landing Everton's Phil Jagielka before the Premier League kicks off on August 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment