Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Tremmel signs for Swansea

Swansea City today bolstered their goalkeeping options with the signing of Gerhard Tremmel. The German stopper has signed a two-year contract at the Liberty Stadium following a successful trial with the Swans. Tremmel, who has previously played in the Bundesliga for Hannover, Hertha Berlin and Energie Cottbus, has joined on a free transfer after leaving Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg this summer.The 32-year-old joined up with the Swans during their Austrian training camp in July, and featured in their friendly match with the United Arab Emirates' Olympic team. Brendan Rodgers then brought Tremmel to South Wales to take another look at the former Bayern Munich trainee, who played in the friendly victories over Celtic and Real Betis at the Liberty. Now, with David Cornell out on loan at League Two club Hereford, Brendan has strengthened his options with the arrival of Tremmel, who battles for the number one shirt with Michel Vorm and Jose Moreira. "I'm delighted to be here as a Swansea player," said Tremmel. "I've been with the club for quite a while on trial, and I already felt a part of the squad as everyone here has been so welcoming. It is a family club. "I have also had the chance to see how the team gets on in the Premier League, and I've been impressed with what I've seen. "But I've got a big challenge ahead of me. Of course, I have to be patient because Michel has been playing very well and Jose is also pushing to play. "However, I feel I have good experience to share from my time playing in the Bundesliga, and that could help us this season. "But first I need to get my chance, which I will work hard for and I will also be patient. "I'm just looking forward to getting started officially as a Swansea player."

No comments:

Post a Comment