Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Manchester City Star Set For PSG Exit?

Manchester City defender Kolo Toure has admitted he would be interested in a move to big-spending Paris Saint-Germain. Toure recently returned from a six-month doping ban but, despite starting in the 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League earlier in October, he has found his route to the first team blocked by in-form centre-back pairing Joleon Lescott and Vincent Kompany. The 30-year-old could be involved again when City face Wolves in the Carling Cup on Wednesday, but the ex-Arsenal defender, who has never played in France before, has admitted the Paris project interests him. "I would be interested because of my current situation at City," he told RMC Sport. "If Paris call me, it wouldn't be like in previous years when I would say: 'Paris? I'm not so sure.' "Now, if they call me, I will listen to what they have to say. Looking at all the very good players Paris have, that really makes me want to go there, that's clear." Toure says the progress made Qatar Sports Investments pumped their cash into the capital club has made PSG an attractive proposition - and not just because of the money. "I know I'm not the only player interested," he explained. "There are other players who really want to play for PSG. Not just for the money, but also because we see there are very good investors who want the club to progress, to produce beautiful football and win trophies."

No comments:

Post a Comment