Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Robin van Persie denies celebrating Arsenal goal with a Nazi salute

Robin van Persie has denied making a Nazi salute after scoring the second of his three goals in Arsenal's 5-3 victory over Chelsea. The Gunners striker claims his celebration has been completely misinterpreted and he has taken to the social networking site Twitter to clear up any confusion. The Dutchman said he was horrified by internet speculation suggesting that his reaction to the goal had hidden agenda after being seen to touch his shoulder with his right hand before raising it to the air. "It has been brought to my attention of some ridiculous allegations concerning my celebration of one of my goals (against Chelsea)," he said on Twitter. "It is totally ludicrous to suggest that my action of brushing my shoulder and pointing to my fans could be construed as anything else but of a showing of joy and celebration. "To suggest this meant anything to the contrary is insulting and absolutely absurd as nothing else came into my mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment