Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Chelsea target says he wants to leave current club in the summer

Alvaro Pereira has asked his club Porto to let him leave the club in the summer.The full back looked set to join Chelsea last year, but the Portuguese giants refused to negotiate down from the player’s £24million release clause.The 26-year-old Uruguayan international is hopeful that the Blues will bid once again and has begged his current employers to let him leave.“I have spent three unforgettable years at Porto, I respect my contract and I know that I depend on Porto,” he told Ovacion.“But I think this is the time to make decisions. If an opportunity comes for me to leave, I hope that Porto will understand my situation this time and let me leave.“I had the possibility to join Chelsea, but Porto decided that I should stay and I respected it,” he added.“I give everything for Porto. I have not spoken with the club yet, I was focused on winning the league.“I am calm, but the truth is that, if I stay, I have to play. I will not continue at this club if I do not play.”

Pereira joined Porto from Cluj in 2009 is contracted to The Portuguese outfit until 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment