Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Friday 31 August 2012

Berbatov set to complete Fulham switch

Dimitar Berbatov is poised to finalise a move to Fulham.The Manchester United striker performed a dramatic U-turn on Wednesday, rejecting the advances of Serie A clubs Fiorentina and Juventus to undergo a medical with the Cottagers.

And if all goes to plan this morning, the 31-year-old Bulgarian will call time on his four-year spell at Old Trafford to be reunited with Martin Jol, whom he worked under at Tottenham.

Jol has money to spend after selling Mousa Dembele to Spurs and believes securing Berbatov's services would represent a massive coup for Fulham.

He said: "I'm a very happy man and I think our fans will be very happy and proud because it is probably the biggest signing in the history of the club, that is how I feel."

The two worked together at Tottenham before Berbatov moved to Manchester United and Jol said: "I said in my last period at Spurs he would go over my dead body but I'm still here and so is he.

"We have a good relationship. He knows he will enjoy his football with me that is for sure, hopefully he will score goals with other good players around him.

"He has got a very good record, if you look at his record internationally, and if you look at his record at Manchester United I don't think there are a lot of strikers, maybe (Robin) van Persie in five years' time, who could achieve that."

No comments:

Post a Comment