Monday, 18 July 2011

Corinthians' bid for Tevez accepted

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed that an agreement has been reached with Corinthians for the sale of Carlos Tevez.City turned down a £40 million bid from the Brazilian club last week, and were believed to be holding out for £50 million for a player who finished as joint top scorer in the Premier League last season with 20 goals.However, speaking on the club's pre-season tour of the USA, Mancini told Sky Sports News: "We have an agreement with Corinthians but Carlos now is still a City player."Asked whether Tevez would now be discussing personal terms, Mancini replied: "I don't know this. I repeat, at the moment, Carlos is still a City player."I want to wait. At the moment we are here, we are working with the other guys. We should think about this.''Defender Joleon Lescott admitted he would be disappointed to see his team-mate depart but understood his wishes.

Lescott told Sky Sports News: "We'll be disappointed if Carlos leaves but it was down to the club and Carlos what was best for each other and they have come to an agreement so I wish both parties all the best.

"Carlos is his own man. Last season he played to 110% every game so none of us will be holding any grudges towards him and we'll wish him all the best if he does leave."

Want-away Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero is the likely replacement for Tevez at Manchester City.

No comments:

Post a Comment