Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Sunday 4 September 2011

Kolo Toure: I'll prove my worth to fans

Manchester City defender Kolo Toure returns from a drugs ban admitting he wants to prove to people he does not need 'tablets' to be a top player. Good to be back: Kolo Toure trains with Samir Nasri Toure is available against Wigan on Saturday after a six-month suspension for failing a drugs test, which he attributed to a water tablet he used as a slimming aid. The Ivory Coast defender is determined to rebuild his reputation. 'I want to show the people who think Kolo Toure needed a tablet to be a better footballer, that's not the case. It was an accident,' he said. 'I want to give 100 per cent every game to show I don't need a water tablet. I have been in the Premier League for 10 years. I have played a lot of games and been successful. I will do that again.' Toure, 30, has taken only one week off in six months to keep his fitness levels up, even though his ban included City's training ground. 'Once, I was at home at 1am, went to the gym I had in the house and started running and thinking about September when I could train and play again. 'For me, things come from God. Good things happen, bad things happen, but they are all good things when they come from God. He does things because he wants you to be a better man.'

No comments:

Post a Comment