Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Saturday 18 February 2012

Tottenham Land Brazilian U20 Captain

Tottenham have snapped up Brazilian prospect Bruno Uvini from Sao Paulo, although he won't be able to play for club until next season. The defender, who has captained his country's under-20 side to World Cup success in August, has joined Spurs on loan initially for three-and-a-half months. However, a £3.2m fee has been agreed between the two clubs to make his stay in England permanent in the summer providing he can settle into his new surroundings and a different style of football. Uvini, who is still waiting for his debut for the senior Brazilian national team, won't need a work permit as he holds an Italian passport. He can't play for Spurs' first-team this season as he has been signed outside of the transfer window although he will be eligible to turn out for the club's reserves. Uvini told Sao Paulo's official website: "It's a great opportunity that came by, I couldn't let it pass. "I have been in talks with Tottenham for a while, it's a great club, with worldwide visibility. They asked me to come right away. "It'll be there for three months during which time I'll try to adapt to English football and to the culture. I think I'm going to evolve, both professionally and personally by doing this choice. "[Tottenham] have this squad renewing project so they asked me to join the team so that I will be fit to make my way in the next season."

No comments:

Post a Comment