Wednesday, 9 May 2012
Anderlcht Midfielder Claims Arsenal Interest
Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia says Arsenal and Real Madrid have both made contact over a possible move in the summer. Biglia will be allowed to leave the Belgian outfit at the end of the season if a club matches their £8million valuation and Biglia claims it is a straight scrap between the Gunners and Real. Arsenal have long been linked with the Argentina international, who has three years to run on his current deal, and Arsene Wenger could be ready to move after Anderlecht opened the door. "It's true that Real Madrid and Arsenal are interested in me," the 26-year-old told todomercadoweb.es. "I can say that Real Madrid have contacted my agent Enzo Montepaono to ask about my situation but so far there have only been contacts and no formal offers have arrived. "About Arsenal, I can tell you the same as before. Only Arsenal and Real Madrid have contacted us and now we are waiting. I have a contract with Anderlecht until 2015 but the club know what I want. My intention is to leave. "We have negotiated my buy-out clause and, if a club comes and pays the clause, Anderlecht will allow me to leave."