Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Monday 4 July 2011

Carlos Tevez confirms his desire to leave Manchester City this summer

Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez has rocked the club again after releasing a statement saying he wants to leave the club with immediate effect.The Argentine international has reportedly struggled to settle in Manchester and has spoken of his desire to leave the club in the past, however after lifting the FA Cup and qualifying for the Champions League it was thought Tevez would stay at the club however after discussions with club owner Sheik Mansoor the Argentine has gone public with his desire to leave the club.
Tevez’s daughters currently live in Argentina with his estranged wife Vanesa, and the striker admitted not being near his family had a huge influence on his decision.

“It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club,” Tevez said in his statement.

“I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheik Mansoor, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

“I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

“Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me. Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them.”

“I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.”

Tevez made 44 appearances for City last season, scoring 24 goals and driving them to a third placed finish in the Premier League and winning the FA Cup – the club’s first major trophy in 35 years. However despite this success and being idolised by the club’s fans the Argentine asked for understanding in his decision.

“Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud,” he added.

“I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the city cause has been 100 per cent on the pitch.

“I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League.

“I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment