Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Carlos Tevez's Transfer is Off

Manchester City's Argentina striker Carlos Tevez's proposed £40m move to Brazilian side Corinthians is off.

City thought a deal had been agreed for Tevez, 27, to join the Brazilian team having told the Premier League club he wished to return home to South America.

But Corinthians said there was not enough time to complete the deal before the Brazilian transfer window closed.

Corinthians did say however, they still wished to sign Tevez in the future and hoped a deal could be done in January.

"The board of Corinthians hereby officially announce the impossibility of hiring Carlos Tevez," said the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment